Sunday 2 August 2015

What to bring to Dubai...



Quite often, on the numerous forums that are on Facebook, people ask the question, “I’m at home.  What should I be buying whilst in the UK?”

In all fairness, I haven’t found that buying products here is any worse than at home.  Most of the supermarkets do have the same products you can get in any Tesco’s in the UK and if you can’t get the exact same things, you can get a different make of the same thing.  Even so, I posed this question to other women to see what they thought.  This is what they said:

Buy Before You Come
·      Germaline
·      Calpol Travel Sachets
·      OXO Cubes (can be difficult to get here as they instantly sell out)
·      Baby clothes – Thin winter hats, as here they only tend to sell thick ones
·      Children’s all in one UV swim suits – These are much more reasonably priced abroad
·      Children/baby Clothes – Kids clothes here are slightly more expensive per item than elsewhere.  I always stock up on the next size up for my DD whilst back in the UK and find I save myself a lot of money in the process
·      Clothes – The same as the above really, you can make great savings if you buy in the UK, Europe or the USA.  However, you can’t beat the sales here – Especially if y  My Michael Kors bag was under half price last week from the Michael Kors Shop in Mall of the Emirates.
ou are buying a big purchase like a designer bag.
·      Apple Laptops – Whilst they are cheaper here than elsewhere, once you remove your reclaimable VAT (if you do claim back), you can pick these up globally for the same price.  The only difference being is that Facetime is not available on locally brought Apple Products.

Is there anything that you would bring?  Let us know.




No comments:

Post a Comment