Thursday 5 March 2015

Your Weekend Starts Here…




So this weekend is already nearly upon us, and if you are like me you, you probably have no idea what to do.  So to help me decide, I thought I would list some possibilities…

Tonight Camilo Franco is playing his mix best described as Balearic House meets Tech House at Provocateur, which is located in the Four Seasons Resort Jumeirah.  My friends who regularly travel to Ibiza rave about how good he is and it is no really surprise as Franco was nominated “Best Ibiza Resident DJ 2014”.

So Cho
Tomorrow is brunch “Go Baby Go” at So Cho, which I have been assured by friends, provides the perfect unwinding and indulging experience for the weekend.  The Japanese restaurant and lounge is offering a delicious selection of seafood and house drinks, and after the brunch, you can chill out with great house music.  The brunch is from 2pm to 6pm and is AED220 for 5 drinks, with discounts available for Face Card holders and Emirates Platinum Card holders.  There are DJ’s playing afterwards.

Societe
Alternatively, if you want a change of scenery after brunch there is Societe Decades.  With music I would expect to have been listening to on my Walkman, CDs and minidiscs, this is a post brunch staple while my friends and myself ‘get our groove on’ as we enter a world of nostalgic fun where we show off our (often dad-dancing), retro dance moves.  Always a great laugh, tables start at AED 1,300 for 4 people.

Whilst it may be back to work on Sunday and technically not the weekend, Cedric Gervais is playing at Provocateur.  His name rings bells for me and it is no surprise.  He is the Grammy winner, who has topped the charts throughout the US and the UK and is best known for his remix of Lana Del Rey’s “Summertime Sadness”.

Personally, I do have some plans already but there seems to be so much on offer that I am questioning these… Oh what to do?!





No comments:

Post a Comment