Friday 6 March 2015

Perfecting the Perfect Selfie



With such a packed weekend behind of me, there was no way of being able to escape being in front of a camera.  I dread it as I always end up looking short and wide.  Not to mention grimacing as though someone is dragging their nails up a black board.

Sadly, not one of the photos was worth posting anywhere; be it on FB, Twitter and especially not on here.  With this in mind, I thought I would scour the Internet to find out how to look thin in photos.  Maybe if I can master this, my confidence will return and I won’t look like the bride of chucky in my next picture.

Yes, the standard information is here – Wear Heals, dark colours, colour block your clothes (all one colour as it makes you look taller), remember your posture and push your neck forward a bit.  But there were some other pearls of wisdom.

The thing nearest the camera will take the spotlight.  They will appear larger.  If you want your face to be the spotlight, lean your body forward – Especially if you are sitting down

Selfie taking with friends?  Get someone else to take it.  If you are nearest the camera, you will look much bigger than they will, or your bingo wings will be highlighted – never a good look.

Your friends taking group pictures – Try to be the one slightly bending over behind them if they are all sat down.  If the photo is taken from in front, you will all have a similar focus so none of you are likely to larger than the other.

Push your tongue up into the roof of your mouth behind your teeth – My niece who stars in West end theatre productions taught me this one.  It has helped - I no longer look like a tortoise and now have a bit of a defined chin from my neck.  Basically, this trick pulls your jaw line up so if you are like me, with a jaw that merges into you neck, you can see a difference.




No comments:

Post a Comment