Tuesday 21 April 2015

Hair Emergency!



Low Ponytail at J Mendel
Tomorrow I have been invited to an lunchtime event that I am actually looking forward to as it will combine my day job (Editor of Business Insight magazine), giving me the opportunity to interview a CEO I am excited to meet, with one of my favorite things family aside – All things that sparkle, and a little bit of fashion.

Boho waves at Marchesa
The thing is - what do you wear?  It is a lunchtime event, which the fash pack will undoubtedly be out in force attending, and I am having one of those moments when I feel I have absolutely nothing to wear… Argh…

And to make matters worse, I noticed this morning that my grey is starting to show – I only had it died two weeks and already I have regrowth!  Sadly, having a day job means that there is no possibility of my getting my hair done before lunch.  Yet all I can remember of the SS Catwalks 2015, was the just got out of bed, boho waves look that adorned the runways of Marchesa, Pucci, Chloe and Valentino the 70s’ trend that is so in fashion will make me look as though I am doing a mean impression of Pepe Le Pew.

Luckily, whilst I can remember the slicked back, low ponytails that adorned the runway at J Mendel, Ralph Lauren and Jason Wu (clearly not an option with a white go faster stripe running through across my head), braids of all descriptions are also hugely in fashion with Donna Karen, Marissa Webb and Michael Kors, from sleek to messy.
  
Low braid at Michael Kors
Kim Kardashian classic ponytail
Clearly, with humidity on the rise, it will be a hair up day.  Right now I am leaning towards the braids as seen on Michael Kors, but not sure if I can pull off the look.  Alternatively, if I can’t get the messy look ponytail done as I want it, my fall back if the standard Kim Kardashian ponytail will work a treat.  With no white hair by my face, and height to cover all additional grey, it may not be the most fashion forward of hair styles, but it is certainly a classic...

No comments:

Post a Comment