Sunday 22 February 2015

The New Me




So the 30 day squat challenge has begun in earnest and I can’t really move.  I have found muscles I never before knew I had.  Also, I found out, I never knew how to properly squat before.

It wasn’t the best of moments, when my husband walked in and laughed his head off. After his fit of laughter he managed to ask,  “What are you doing?” before laughing again.  Once I explained, he was very happy to tell me I was doing it all wrong, “Your legs need to be the width of your body apart and you need to pull yourself up like so.”  Showing me how I should be doing it.  For all of you out there, it should I have linked a YouTube video as it is much easier to see it in real life than have someone explain it to you in writing.

Day 1 is 50.  Seriously 50.  I managed to get to 25, but by 30 the sweat was beginning to make a show and I was blowing.  The key, as Ian told me, is to do all exercises slowly.  It makes your muscles work harder – making the day after infinitely more painful.  The last 5 though were absolute torture.  I could only just make them.  Day 2 was pretty much a blur.  I did my 55 though; at least I think I did…

Day 3 is meant to be 60 squats but right now, I can’t even walk properly – I am looking like I have lost my horse!  Ian assures me that I will start to feel that they are easier by day 3 but I won’t hold my breath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment